himuboss 7-28-2011 02:16 AM
MMORPG and why its Different[size=2]I am a Gamer without any doubt and when i say so, i am not like crazy mad-man who likes to shoot whatever comes in his way (Maxpayne being exception). A game is not about graphics, its not about how high-end system you need to have to run them; for me a game is about its storyline followed by ease of play (but difficulty to master is the real catch). These qualities makes a game Memorable.
Still i have fun playing AOE series on my Atom Processor based Netbook...
Now, why we play a MMORPG then...
I asked the Question myself and get these answers
1. I play because in MMORPG i can play in a Group with Friends and its very different from playing with Bots. Let me explain, i play Counter Strike a lot and though my Bots are good enough, they lack the kind of interactiveness like we have in Humans. They say Affirmative and Negative but donot bother to explain WHY? Here in MMORPG we can talk with each other and can change strategies and discuss the PLAN, which we cannot do in Multiplayer Games with Bots.
2. No need to mention that here we are Emotionally involved; donot get me wrong, i had more crushes on FEMALE characters of MW2 then in REAL life and i am 30+ (even at times i donot want to believe this fact!!!). Boys want to have a friendship with Girls (i am not against Gays and Lesbians though). Friendship among the same gender are also there. Better to say we have Relationships here, we give them (relationships) many names...Friend, Girl/Boy Friend, Master, Disciple and Husband/Wife (Online..though some have Offline thing going too). When i play i spend 50-60% of active time for chatting in Guild/Local/Party/World/Market...rest of the online-time i do play the game actually...
3. By basic nature we Humans have a Team instinct. In prehistoric ages we Hunted together. We made Society to get together. MMORPG the same thing that comes with another name..GUILD. We swear by Guild and its Leader and Seniors. Go to War and even PK!!! We prefer Guildies in Quests and Events and it becomes a Family (Virtual Stupid...).
4. All the things cannot be Good in Life, God and Devil...Yin and Yang both exists together. The game's bad part is we want to establish superiority then the other...we are in a RAT race to be better than the other, not for global harmony but to satisfy our inner ANIMAL instinct. We call others NOOB and Verbally Abuse who donot match with our skills. We forget to respect each other. Recently i saw it Rampantly as more and more of these people are getting into Game. They play only to satisfy their ego and nothing else. They have forgotten the FACT that without Responsibilities, Power corrupts ones mind.
5. Finally, with all its Pros and Cons, i can say that MMORPG is a very unique breed, and is not decided by the number of players it have at a point of time, its rather by the number of players who joined and never quit it!!!
/yct35 /yct35 /yct35[/size]
[[i] Last edited by himuboss at 8-28-2011 22:21 [/i]]
puchisana 7-28-2011 02:14 PM
Reports without pictures are boring.. :/
Formating text,, this needs fixing..
himuboss 8-16-2011 01:55 AM
Reply 2# puchisana's postHope this is good, BTW, back after Sister's Marriage, all went good.
puchisana 8-16-2011 07:43 PM
Reply 3# himuboss's postOkay, Its better but the letter is way TOO big.. and the image is from what game?
himuboss 8-18-2011 04:30 AM
Reply 4# puchisana's post1. Changed letter size
2. The picture is from MythWar2 (survival round 8 fight)
3. Why .jpeg images are seen as attachments and not as in-line picture?
[[i] Last edited by himuboss at 8-18-2011 05:19 [/i]]
puchisana 8-18-2011 06:35 PM
I will refer problem to eva, when she fixs its I move it ^^ :D
himuboss 8-28-2011 10:21 PM
Reply 6# puchisana's postcheck now!!!!
wow it is still here,
when r u going to move it to local news?
[[i] Last edited by himuboss at 9-4-2011 13:21 [/i]]