New mode for Heroes. Ransacking?
While discussing various attacks with my alliance members, an interesting suggestion came up, which was the inclusion of a new option for Heroes, rightfully named "Ransacking".
This mode would be included on the Hero map and would allow one's hero to walk up to a moving lord and engage in combat with their army.
Some ways necessary in order to balance the battle a bit more (in case of overwhelming army unit numbers) and make this option a little more worthwhile would be :
1) Allow the attacking hero to ALWAYS attack first. The element of surprise should allow this to be possible.
2) Make the option to retreat have a higher chance of success.
3) Attack timer should stop while the battle is in progress, slowing down the advancing army (even if only by a minimal amount)
4) A way to destroy catapults? (Optional)
5) Including a daily quest that awards either Iron or Gold upon completion.
6) Feel free to suggest others.
Some benefits to the inclusion of this mode in the future would include :
1) A way to "scout" incoming attacks.
2) Another way to level a hero.
3) Provide a use to an otherwise useless Hero map.
4) Provide a way to destroy scouts besides city wall additions.
5) Weaken one's army before they actually hit. (Possibly even destroying it)
6) Provide a way to attack a retreating army without scheduling another attack
7) Feel free to suggest more.
Some ways to balance this mode to prevent it from being unfair/overpowered :
1) Have a timer between ransacks. Probably ~ 1 hour.
2) Feel free to suggest others.
Some cons to this mode to be worked out :
1) The possible extermination of melee class heroes and their respective equipments.
2) The overuse of ranged heroes.
3) Feel free to add more.
Please post comments and further suggestions on this option and I will be happy to include them in this and credit them to you.